Policies and Procedures
If you have any questions about our policies and procedures below, feel free to call us at (248) 348-1131
We are happy to answer or clarify any questions you may have.
Scheduling an appointment
- Call us at (248) 348-1131
- Specify the reason for your visit.
- Limit your visit to one or two problems.
- We can not do both a procedure and a sick call in the same visit per insurance regulations.
- Your appointment time is for YOU. Please schedule separate appointments for family members.
Prior to office visit:
- Check your medications for refills
- Write a list of your concerns or questions.
Our physicians try to stay on schedule, however some patients require more time than is expected. Please allow 90 minutes for your scheduled appointment.
Arriving at your appointment:
- Please arrive 15 minutes early
- Let us know of any address or insurance changes.
- If you arrive late we will try to work you into our schedule.
- Are reserved for sick patients
- Patients will be worked into the schedule of the first available provider.
Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to
avoid a charge.
Referrals and Pre-Approvals
- Many insurance companies (HMOs) require referral paperwork to be processed before you can see a specialist. An office visit and primary care physician approval is needed to generate the referral.
- Questions about referrals and pre-approvals can be directed to extension 3.
- Referrals take up to 7 days to process. Please make your specialist appointment accordingly.
- Referrals will not be given AFTER specialist care is rendered.
- Call the specialist 24 hours prior to your appointment to make sure your referral has been approved.
- Most insurance companies require pre-approvals before certain tests (CT scans and MRIs). Please allow 5 working days for this to be approved by your insurance company.
- Remember: You will be responsible for bills not covered by your insurance if these procedures are not followed.
- Always require an office visit
- No antibiotics will be given over the phone without being seen
- Require an office visit every 1-2 months.
- Will not be refilled if lost or misplaced.
- May be requested 24 hours/day at extension 2.
- Will take up to 3 BUSINESS days to process.
- Don’t run out of medication. Call when you have a 7-10 day supply left.
- May require an office visit for refills.
During Office Hours
- Notify our office with your emergency: we may be able to prevent an ER visit, or expedite your care when you’re there.
- Call our office to avoid unnecessary costs. Your HMO may require you to go to a specific ER if possible.
After Office Hours
- Listen to the voice prompts on office recording.
- Voice Mail messages are sent directly to the doctor on call.
- Call-backs may take up to one hour. Most are made within 5-15 minutes.
- Beaumont Health System (Beaumont Farmington Hills – formerly Botsford)
- Providence Hospital (St. John’s Health)
- DMC – Huron Valley Hospital
- St. Mary’s Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Ann Arbor
- Beaumont Health Center
*Individual physicians may vary.
$35.00 fee for insufficent funds.
Medical Records Release
$20 copying and handling fee plus .10 ¢ a page for copying after 50 pages.
$15 form fee for forms not presented at the time of an office visit. i.e.: School, sports, work, disability, handicap, adoption, etc.
$15 for Disability, Auto insurance, etc.
* Adult Health
* Annual Physicals
* Geriatric care
* Women’s Health
* School & Sports Physicals
* Pediatric care
* Removal of warts and moles
* Ultrasounds, Stress tests
* Laceration Repairs
* Treat Ingrown toe nails
* Osteopathic Adjustments
* Joint injections
* Treatments for sun damaged skin
* EKGs, xray, and labs
* Therapeutic Lifestyle Management
* Diabetic Lifestyle Management
* Food allergies
* Weight Loss
* Eating Disorders